FORMS & GENERAL INFO
appointments & office hours
- Office hours: Tuesday thru Friday, 8A to 2P.
- All meetings are by appointment only. Our office does not take walk-in patients. All refills, referrals, forms, letters, and review of laboratory studies and pathology reports will be taken care of at the time of an appointment and not in between visits. Per our appointment policy, patients who no show, cancel/ reschedule within 48 hour of their reserved appointment time will be subject to a $150 office/$500 surgery visit Missed Appointment fee, which must be paid before another appointment may be reserved.
- In-person vs Online consultation. If you live locally, request an in-person consultation. If you live at a distant location and an in person consultation is not an option for you, you may request an online consultation.
- Be HAPPY ! We look forward to connecting with each and every one of you!
- Kindly send us a TEXT message to our office (832)356-3872. We have found TEXT messaging to be the fastest and most patient preferred method of communication.
- If you do not TEXT, kindly contact us by one of the following methods: 1) Send a "HELLO" [click here] ; 2) Email our office at INFO@DrMinsueChen.com ; 3) Send a Fax (888)381-4541; 4) In-person correspondence; 5) Leave a detailed message on our voicemail since we do not answer the phone.
- Why we don't answer the phone. Because we are a small practice and either caring for a patient in the office or on the phone with another patient, we do not answer the phone.
- All messages should be responded to by the end of the next business day. Please reach out to us again if you do not hear from us by the end of the next business day.
- At Chen Skin & Cancer Surgery, English is the primary and official language for all forms of communication (ie. spoken, written, website, etc).
- Please be advised that any translation may be inaccurate. It is the patient's responsibility to review the English version to ensure translation accuracy.
- Dr. Chen is an American-born Chinese (ABC) and has limited proficiency in conversational Mandarin Chinese. She is not able to read or write in Chinese.
- Dr. Chen completed 4 years of Spanish (middle and high school) and has limited proficiency in conversational and medical Spanish.
same-day procedure & specialist consultations available
- We know your time is precious. Our office understands how difficult it is to take time off from school and work. At Chen Skin & Cancer Surgery, same day procedure and consultation may be available.
- If you are interested in having the procedure performed on the same day as the consultation, please be sure to notify Dr. Chen and her staff of your preference (exceptions include large size, multiple locations, complex surgery, time permitting, etc). In order to accommodate your request, kindly send photos of the spot as Dr. Chen would like to get an idea of how large the skin lesion is so that the office can try to block enough time for the procedure if necessary.
- Some patients prefer separate appointments with the consultation visit first and surgery on a separate day.
GETTING READY FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
- No need for driver and no need to fast before surgery since patients will not be put to sleep (all procedures are with local numbing just like at the dentist). Please continue all medications. Although you can go back to work the same day, many patients take it easy for a day or two (ie. no heavy lifting, use your common sense). Follow-up for wound check/ suture removal is typically 1 week (face) and 2-3 weeks (off of the face).
- Plan to be at the office between 1-4 hours (will depend on the complexity of the procedure; hopefully it won't take the whole time).
- Exceptions may apply if multiple lesions, complexity, size, location, medical problems, etc.
Payment options & INSURANCE
- Our goal is not to let expense prevent you from benefiting from the quality skin care you desire and need. Checks and major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted in our office. Payment is due at time service is rendered. Invoices for outstanding balances will be sent to patients fortnightly. Late payment fees and interest will applied to accounts in arrears, and will be sent to collections after failure to settle accounts after two billing cycles.
- To maximize and enjoy your insurance benefits, kindly reach out to your employer's benefit manager or insurance. Dr. Chen is able to see patients with any insurance except Medicaid (except for Medicare, this office has elected to discontinue contracts with all commercial medical insurances and will no longer be considered an in network physician effective July 1, 2019) . After your visit, our office can prepare documents for patients to submit to the insurance to apply to deductible, out of pocket max, and for reimbursement if eligible for out of network services. Chen Skin and Cancer Surgery, P.A. makes no representation that your claim will be reimbursed partially or in its entirety nor will out of pocket expenses be applied toward your deductible.
- We are always happy to answer questions. If we spend time with you and/or on your behalf (ie. in-person, texting, emailing, out-of-office correspondence, etc), you will be charged at the standard rate 5 min/ $50 to compensate for our time and expertise.